21 December . 2020
2020 Year in Review
Hindsight is so 2020! While this year is different from what we expected, Briar Chapel marked some major milestones, from snagging accredited awards to welcoming a new college campus.
Awards and Accolades
- Newland Wins Developer of the Year: For the second year running, Newland was named Developer of the Year by the Home Builders Association of Raleigh-Wake County at the 2020 Major Achievements in Marketing Excellence (MAME) Awards.
- Briar Chapel Voted Best Neighborhood for 5th Consecutive Year: For five years in a row, Briar Chapel has been recognized by the readers of Chapel Hill Magazine as the “Best Neighborhood in Chapel Hill.” We have to say, we completely agree!
- Awards in the 2020 Parade of Homes: This year’s Parade of Homes featured beautiful homes designed by our talented builders. Our builders took home several trophies for their award-winning creations.
Magazine Modeling: Green, Lean and Clean
- Briar Chapel Featured on the Cover of Green Home Builder Magazine: Not only is sustainability savvy for our planet, going green saves money and increases a home’s efficiency. This year, Briar Chapel (and our sister community, Wendell Falls) was recognized in the May/June issue of Green Home Builder Magazine for our stellar sustainability efforts!
- Green Milestones: Records are made to be broken, and Briar Chapel’s green energy savings were at an all-time high this year (enough to purchase 390,000 pizzas from Capp’s Pizzeria)!
Saussy Burbank’s New Home Reveal
- Saussy Burbank Unveiled New Homes: This year we fell head over heels for Saussy Burbank’s latest model home, Don’t just take our word for it; take a virtual tour.
New Phases and New Neighbors
- Briar Chapel Launches New Phase: New year, new home phase! Copper Leaf Ridge is located off of Great Ridge Parkway in the northernmost part of the community. Stay tuned for exciting development updates coming in 2021!
- Briar Chapel Welcomes College Campus: Flashback to January! At the start of the year, Central Carolina Community College’s new branch kicked off classes on-site at Briar Chapel.
There’s lots more to come in 2021! Stay in-the-know here!
Located in Chapel Hill, North Carolina, Briar Chapel offers new homes from the $300,000s. Explore Briar Chapel's resort-style amenities, parks, trails, shopping and on-site schools, a community that has been named Best Neighborhood in Chapel Hill for five years running!
Previous PostFitness at Briar Chapel in the New Year
Older PostResident Spotlight: Meet the Powers
Want More Information?
- 2021 (1)
- 2020 (75)
- 2019 (68)
- 2018 (58)
- 2017 (62)
- 2016 (19)
- 2015 (12)
- 2014 (18)
- 2013 (13)
- 2012 (66)
- 2011 (52)
- 2010 (43)