Q&A: Brittany, Briar Chapel's Activities Director
Marketing & Events Coordinator
Brittany, Briar Chapel’s on-site Activities Director, is a face most residents have grown familiar with. From managing community events, leading after-school kids craft groups or vacuuming out the pools – saying she wears multiple hats is an understatement. Regardless of how much she has going on, however, she’s always smiling.
- You’ve been the Activities Director at Briar Chapel now for almost three years. What did you do before taking this position?
After graduating from the University of South Carolina, I took an assistant activities director at another community.
- “Activities Director” – Now that’s a title that sounds like fun! What’s the best thing about your job?
Planning the events and getting to watch everyone enjoy them. I get to interact with all the residents and watch their families grow and evolve. I feel like I’m at the center of it all, and it’s pretty neat.
- Oh, you definitely plan some cool events. Which has been your favorite?
The Father-Daughter Dance. The little girls put on cute dresses and their dads dress up in either a suit or tuxedo and come as their ‘date.’ It’s fun to see the dads act silly and play games such as musical hearts, just to make their daughters smile. Everyone who attends loves it.
- Briar Chapel’s a pretty neat place – What’s your favorite thing about it?
I love the diversity amongst the residents. They come from all different backgrounds, yet everyone meshes together. It truly is like a huge family out here.
- Anything else you want Briar Chapel residents to know?
I’m always open to new ideas! If there’s a club you’d like to start or an event you think would be well-received, I’d love to hear your thoughts.