29 May . 2018
10 Years at Briar Chapel
Tradition states that the 10th anniversary calls for gifts of tin or aluminum and perhaps a daffodil.
But we say why stop there? Briar Chapel holds a wealth of ways to celebrate, from poolside parties to picnics in the park. Grab a bite in Veranda, take a stroll on our lush trails or pop by the clubhouse for a neighborly game of Bunco. However you celebrate, join us in ringing in our 10th anniversary!
So what did 10 years at Briar Chapel hold?
Leading the Green
Briar Chapel was the first master-planned community to research, create and instate a comprehensive green building program in the Triangle. Known as the NGBS (National Green Building Standard), this rigorous program has saved our community and its residents almost $3 million in energy bills to date. In fact, our program proved to be so efficacious that the National Association of Home Builders (NAHB) adopted the standard as its own green building program. Going green has never been easier!
Making a Difference
Briar Chapel invests in its surrounding community to promote lasting change and ensure a promising future – part of our commitment to sustainability. Over the past decade, we’ve had the privilege to launch initiatives and bolster our area’s vitality with organizations such as:
- Swim for Smiles: The beloved youth triathlon that benefits North Carolina Children’s Hospitals.
- Triangle Off-Road Cyclists (TORC): North Carolina’s biking group dedicated to securing the future of Triangle mountain biking. Take a ride on our 24-mile hiking and biking trail system built in partnership with TORC!
- High Performance Building Council of the Triangle: Partnering to promote building programs to create efficient homes.
- Abundance NC: Spicy initiatives with this nonprofit include the Annual Pepper Festival that has raised more than $100,000 to support local foods, fuels and farmers.
- Chatham Schools: Bolstering the quality of education in our county.
- Chatham County Arts Council: Celebrating and supporting the rich artistry and vast legacy of Chatham County. If you’d like a glimpse of our partnership, check out the outdoor artwork nestled around Briar Chapel!
Awards to Celebrate
Over the years, we’ve been honored to receive almost 20 regional and national awards for the homes and quality of life we’re excited to offer. Just a few of these include:
- Best Neighborhood/Subdivision
- One of 50 Best Master-Planned Communities in the US
- Best Neighborhood in Chapel Hill
- Top Residential Development
- Best Landscape Design and Best Land Plan for a Community
- Developer of the Year
A Place Residents Love to Call Home
We’re thrilled that so many residents have found their haven at Briar Chapel. We never stop hearing how residents treasure the trove of outdoor opportunities and vibrant social life tucked into our neighborhood – from the resort-style water park to the Music in the Meadow outdoor concert series.
And for those look for shopping, dining and medical facilities, Veranda, launched in 2016, offers all these goodies in Briar Chapel.
We unveiled our newest phase this spring, and fresh developments are just around the corner with our next commercial section – businesses you’ll love!
Thank you for being a part of our first decade. We can’t wait to see what is next!
Want More Information?
- 2023 (8)
- 2022 (27)
- 2021 (18)
- 2020 (74)
- 2019 (67)
- 2018 (58)
- 2017 (62)
- 2016 (19)
- 2015 (12)
- 2014 (18)
- 2013 (13)
- 2012 (65)
- 2011 (52)
- 2010 (43)