Save Water, Save the Planet
Tuesday, July 3, 2012
Customer Relations Representative
Temperatures have already reached 100+ degrees, making it clear that this summer is going to be hot, hot, HOT! With decreased rainfall and scorching temperatures, summer water use can increase a family’s consumption by 50 to 100%! In order to help alleviate this issue, here are some simple H2O-saving tips that you and your family can employ to help cut down on usage:
- Place a water-filled plastic bottle in your toilet talk to reduce the amount of water needed to fill it
- Instead of using running water to defrost frozen foods, plan ahead and place frozen items in the refrigerator overnight or defrost them in the microwave.
- Capture rainwater from your gutters with a rain barrel, and use it to water your garden.
- Set lawn mower blades one notch higher – Longer grass = less evaporation
- Add a layer of mulch or compost around trees and plants, which helps slow down evaporation.
Need some water conservation inspiration? Check out this video created by Briar Chapel resident Emily P!
Remember, every little bit helps! Do what you can and don’t forget to tell others about your efforts. Who knows, you might inspire them to try it too!
- Briar Chapel Launches Veranda
- The Dermatology and Laser Center of Chapel Hill Now Open at Veranda
- Briar Chapel Resident Spotlight- Pam Schaecher
- Mountain Biking
- Parks & Trails
- Chatham County
- New Homes
- Parade of Homes
- mountain biking
- Food Trucks
- Community Events
- Music in the Meadow
- Family Fun
- Home Tips
- Design Ideas
- New Home Plans
- Fresh Paint by Garman Homes
- Briar Chapel life
- new home community
- Bark Park
- Briar Chapel Events